Brandt Delivers Cheer with $400,000 Thanks A Billion Holiday Fund
January 6, 2022
Brandt employees direct funds to support 15 organizations across Canada, the US, Australia, and New Zealand.
Regina, Saskatchewan – The Brandt Group of Companies announced its support for local and national charities with funding commitments totaling $400,000 CAD during the holiday season. Brandt employees chose how the dedicated funds were shared during a week-long virtual holiday celebration in the week leading up to Christmas.
“During this time of year, it’s important to show our gratitude to our employees for their contributions and to the communities where we do business around the globe,”
says Brandt CEO and owner, Shaun Semple. “Empowering our employees to direct our Thanks A Billion Holiday Fund ensures we are giving back to the organizations and causes that matter to them and the places they call home.”
In 2020, Brandt’s first Thanks A Billion Holiday Fund distributed $250,000 to eight organizations in Canada and the US. Following the company’s recent acquisition of Cervus Equipment, the size of the fund and reach has nearly doubled.
This year’s recipients by country include:
Canada ($250,000 CAD)
US ($50,000 USD)
- Canadian Cancer Society…. $108,000
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada…$68,000
- Make-A-Wish Canada…. $28,000
- MS Society of Canada…. $23,000
- Soldier On…. $23,000
Australia ($50,000 AUD)
- Wounded Warrior Project…. $22,000
- American Red Cross – Midwest Tornado Relief…. $18,000
- Hudson Ag 4-H Club…. $5,000
- Illinois CancerCare Foundation…. $5,000
New Zealand ($50,000 NZD)
- Cancer Council Victoria…$20,000
- Make-A-Wish Australia…. $18,500
- Guide Dogs Victoria…. $11,500
“The Thanks A Billion holiday fund has now invested $650,000 with 23 organizations over two years at a time when fundraising is challenging for many organizations and community needs have increased due to the global pandemic,”
- Cancer Society New Zealand…. $25,000
- SPCA New Zealand…. $15,000
- Variety – The Children’s Charity…. $10,000
adds Semple. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Brandt’s Thanks A Billion program. Since its inception, over $20 million has been invested in local communities across the company’s footprint.